NixOS is my Linux distro of choice. I’m also using Nix (the package manager) to configure my computers wherever possible.
Nix’s approach is appealing. It allows me to easily recreate a machine or quickly bring up a new one with the same tools and preferences that I’m used to.
I’m also always playing with new languages, tools, and environments. This coupled with my overall lack of discipline, means a huge amount of cruft can build up over time. Nix can help me track this or keep experiments from polluting the global state by using it to manage development environments.
I dream of having a very well factored config but for now my current setup is a copy/paste mess based on this simple bootstrapping.
- Bootstrapping a multi-host NixOS configuration using flakes and home manager
- Fixing permission denied error when starting tmux under on NixOS/WSL
- Decrypt NixOS via SSH
- ZFS on NixOS
- Xe’s Nix Flakes and NixOS posts
- Declarative macOS Configuration Using nix-darwin And home-manager
- XMonad + Polybar on NixOS
Configs that I’ve found useful